What is a "Public Right of Way"?

The public right-of-way (ROW) is owned by the Town of Fraser, includes the paved portion of roadway and the dirt shoulders on both sides and abuts the property lines of adjacent properties. ROW widths vary throughout town and can range from 20 feet for a public alley to as much as 80 feet for a main road. 

In addition to the ROW width, in some cases there may be an additional snow storage easement overlaying the adjoining property which is typically 10 feet in width on one or both sides of the street.This easement allows the Town to utilize a portion of private property for snow storage. For more information, contact us at 970-726-5491, ext. 203.

Show All Answers

1. Can I park on town streets in front of my house or while visiting?
2. Why isn't my street plowed first thing in the morning?
3. I live on Grand County Road Number ___, and I have concerns about snow maintenance!
4. Does the Town use liquid de-icer?
5. Can I pass a snow plow?
6. What is a "Public Right of Way"?